Monday, August 11, 2008

What a BUSY Weekend!


This weekend it was Harvest Days in Britton. There were lots of fun activities! On Saturday morning, my friend Carrie J. and I ran the annual 5K. My friend Jen (and fellow blogger)was also there.
Then, Cecilia, and our neighbor, Bette, took part in the Clownin' Around Kiddie Parade. Cecilia won a prize for Best Dressed (thanks to Bette)! There were a lot of people around for the festivities. Saturday night I went uptown with my friend, Michelle. The class of '88 was celebrating their 20 year reunion, so I got to see some high school friends.
RJ participated in a basketball tournament in Rockford, IL with a team from Sisseton. The didn't win a lot of games, but RJ's granny and uncle from St. Louis went to watch him play and they report he played well. Needless to say, he was tired on Monday and he took it pretty easy.
Sunday I went to supper at Pickeral Lake Lodge with my friends Carrie, Jen and Mindy. We try to get together at least once a year. It was great to spend some time with them before the school year rush gets underway!

Well, I've been rather windy today. It is raining cats and dogs outside and I better make supper!


Here is Cecilia, myself and our neighbor Bette. Cecilia actually kept her wig on for quite awhile! Bette and Wendell did a great job of getting her ready while I was running the 5K.












Cecilia is ready for bed while I'm ready to go out!






I don't have any pictures from this weekend's tourney, but here are some from a tourney that RJ and his classmates won a few years ago.


What a fine-looking bunch of ladies at the lake! Carrie, Jen, Mindy, Sheila




1 comment:

jen said...

It was great seeing you on Sunday, Sheila! Have a great school year and keep in touch.