Sunday, February 26, 2017

2017 ONE WORD

February is gone!  It is a busy time at school and the days and weeks are going FAST!  Ceci and I have been working on our New Years resolutions and goals.  Ceci continues to work hard on her reading skills and writing some stories.  

Last year I had discovered a book and site by one of my favorite authors and motivational speakers, Jon Gordon.  It was called ONE WORD (click to get yours!)  and it suggested that you pick a word to guide you through the year.  Last year I chose the word BELIEVE.  This year the word FAITH spoke to me.  Faith in God, faith in me, faith in life.  I noticed the sign below in my office.  Bob Upgren another favorite motivational speaker that I love also does chalk art and created the word below.  I knew then that it had to be my word!  I started out my 8th grade problem-solving course by challenging them to come up with their one ONE WORD.  Below is a picture of their words.  I hope they are as inspired as I am to make 2017 an awesome year, inspired by ONE WORD!
Ceci reading her owl book



MY ONE WORD

My 8th Graders....ONE WORDS........any questions?  

No comments: