Sunday, March 26, 2017

Living My Best Life on My Terms #1

I came across the article 50 Ways Happier, Healthier and More Successful People Live on Their Own Terms by Benjamin P. Hardy.  I'm always intrigued and interested in learning how others live happy, successful lives.  The first item on his list was giving up caffeine.  What?!?!  Giving up coffee is not on my to-do list anytime soon but I read the rest of the list.  I agreed with many of his suggestions but I realized that I am completely qualified to write MY OWN list of ways to be happy and healthy!  I decided upon 30 ways in 30 days so here it goes!  Enjoy!  I hope that you are inspired to find your best ways to live your best lives!

1. Create a Bucket List…...and then go DO IT!  


Jack Canfield wrote an article about how he made a list of 101 things he wanted to accomplish in life. This inspired me to write my own list.  We are goal-seeking beings. When we set a goal, our brain seeks and finds ways to achieve that goal. Research shows that when we write down our goals we are more likely to achieve them. Why are we so hesitant to share our goals? Are we worried that others will judge us? Or that we might not actually do everything on the list? So, here is an abbreviated version of my list that is a work in progress. Now Go! Make your list!



Places I want to visit:

New Orleans
San Francisco
Maine
Alaska
Canada
Germany
Norway & Sweden
Georgia (the country) and Russia
Hawaii
Thailand
Israel
Bali
Singapore
China
Africa

Sights I would like to see:

The Great Wall of China
The Holyland
The Vatican

Adventures I would like to have:

Zipline with a great view!
Go to the Final Four
Go to the Olympics
Hang glide through the Alps
Go river-rafting
Go kayaking

Personal Achievements:

Complete another triathlon
Write a book
Present about resilient living for 10,000 people
Go on a mission trip
Start a non-profit organization
Become a yoga teacher


People I would like to meet:

Pope Francis
The Dalai Lama
Sting
President Obama
Oprah Winfrey










No comments: