Friday, February 27, 2009

Interesting Week!

Yes, it has been an interesting week! Cecilia is finally over her sickness, so of course, I caught it! I went home early from school on Wednesday because I felt just awful! It ended up being an interesting day at school, and then a snow day on Thursday!!

Girls BB Districts were postponed until Friday evening. Sisseton was a strong favorite but Cecilia and I decided to go anyway. Shock of all shocks, WE WON! Nothing against our girls, but Sisseton had such a successful season that I took for granted they would win. Moral of the story: Take nothing for granted! Boy, that really puts some pressure on our boys to do well! The girls will take on either Groton or Ipswich on Friday in Aberdeen in the Region game.

The best I could do from long range--

Coach Dan Olson and his District Champion Braves!

The State B Wrestling Tourney is also going on in Aberdeen. Our nephew, Parker, is wrestling for Redfield. He one two and lost one match Friday. Grant Renner of Britton-Hecla is ranked #1 in the state and won all three of his matches on Friday. Below is a pic of Grant, courtesy of the SDPBS website. We hope to go and watch both of them on Saturday.


BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE ATHLETES!!!!!

2 comments:

jen said...

Wow! Congratulations to the girls team. That makes me wonder if Sisseton will try to make up their snow days on the 12th and 13th, since they won't be going to state this year! I'm planning to attend Districts-so I'll be seeing you Tuesday night. It seems like forever since we've gotten together!!

Sheila said...

We will be there. Yes, it HAS been forever!!