Monday, July 6, 2009

Washington DC-Day One

I decided to chronicle my DC trip by day, mostly so I can journal/recall all of the fun things I did! Bear with me.........................it may take me a while to get to all the days AND my 20 year class reunion that I have to also talk about!!


I got an early start--1:30 am to be exact, and had an good trip to DC. I started with a tour of the Capitol and a visit to Representative Herseth-Sandlin's office. I also got to sit in on a session of the House of Representatives. I also walked to the Lincoln Memorial and the White House. I ended the day with some watermelon martinis at the local mediterranean restaurant. I stayed at the Omni Shoreham-a famous and historic DC hotel. It was a good way to begin the trip!



Hard to see, I realize, but this was the escalator from my hotel to the Metro---it was so long and tall---CRAZY!



Supreme Court
The Capitol






South side of the White House
The north view of the White House

Me at the White House!!

No comments: