Monday, July 6, 2009

Washington DC-Day Two

On my second day in DC, my conference began. PISA is an international assessment that gauges reading, math and science skills of students in many countries around the world. PISA will be given this fall, and Britton-Hecla students will be part of the sample. I met a wonderful lady from Montgomery, Alabama, and many other people from around the country. Bob Wise, former governor of West Virginia was a keynote speaker, along with representatives from Germany, Australia, Canada, South Korea and Finland. It got a bit long, but was very interesting.


After the conference, I decided to walk to the National Cathedral, which was absolutely breathtaking! Later I met my friend Lori (Alabama) and her husband for snacks and more watermelon martinis at Medterra. We sat outside in the Washington heat, and could not believe when I caught a glimpse of the TV inside and saw that Michael Jackson had passed away! Unbelievable! RIP.......



The National Cathedral







What a view!!


This is one of the many foreign embassy homes I walked past on my way to the Cathedral.

No comments: