Monday, July 6, 2009

Washington DC-Day Three

Friday my conference ended at noon, so I had lots of time to sightsee. I took a trolley tour of the city with a tour guide who was very knowledgeable. I also went to Arlington National Cemetery, where I saw JFK's and Jackie O's graves. The cemetery was surprisingly big and seeing it was an awe-inspiring experience. I also went to the relatively new WWII Memorial and visited the Korean Memorial and Vietnam Memorial and Wall for the second time. That really got to me! Wow, it is amazing to think about what members of the military have done for our country. Thank you all!


I got back on an ever-packed Metro and to the hotel in time to avoid a hailstorm. Then I met my cousin, Michelle, for supper at a local restaraunt and drinks at the Irish pub just up the street from the hotel. It was great to see her!




Did I mention how hot and steamy it was in DC? Between walking in the heat and riding the Metro, I change clothes at least twice a day!




View From Arlington National Cemetery




Korean War Memorial


Vietnam Memorial Statue





The Wall







WWII Memorial

No comments: